Dear Instruct Sweden
Instruct provides access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology to support research in structural biology. Our aim is to encourage and facilitate the integrative use of technologies and methodologies that are available at our 15 Instruct Centres around Europe and in Israel.The Instruct Internship Programme funds research visits of 3-6 months duration to Instruct Centres. The aim is to facilitate valuable collaborations with Instruct research groups applying techniques that are not available in the applicant’s laboratory. Applications should specifically focus on the benefit to the applicant’s research.
– Internships cover travel plus subsistence of the intern only and not of dependents.
– Applications should be pre-doctoral scientists (PhD students) and early stage postdoctoral fellows.
– Internships are awarded for exchanges between laboratories in different countries.
– Proposals must have the approval of the hosting Institution or Department.
– Internships from the 2014 fund should be taken within the period 1 September 2014 to 31 July 2015.
– The home laboratory (applicant’s usual workplace) must be within an Instruct Member country.
– On completion of the internship applicants must return to their home laboratory.
Start your internship application online
The second Instruct call for Research and Development pilot projects is now open
A maximum of €20,000 per project will be awarded to support a limited number of pilot studies proposed by researchers from Instruct member countries (BE, CZ, DE, ES, FR, IL, IT, NL, PT, SE, UK). Projects should propose basic or applied research which is preliminary in nature. The intent of this support is to help researchers develop external funding for projects, i.e. the expectation is that a pilot study will lead to a full grant submission. The funds are expected to cover research expenses but not normally salaries.
Submit your pilot project application online
The deadline for both applications is 5pm CET 11th July 2014.